Shota combines broad cross-sector experience to advise manufacturing companies on growth strategy and governments on policy planning and social design.
Shota is a Partner at Arthur D. Little’s Tokyo office. He supports manufacturing companies on growth strategy, including new-business creation, business-model innovation and technology innovation. In addition, he supports government on policy making, social design and project management of national R&D projects.
In recent years, Shota has led consulting projects addressing the following management and policy issues with the aim of creating new industry and social systems:
Conceptualizing next-generation urban and societal systems with a view toward solving social issues and expanding overseas
- Shaping new energy, mobility and urban systems for social changes
- Accelerating the export of infrastructure business
Conceptualizing business-model innovation for the “Industry 4.0” era
- Redefining the business model and ecosystem for operators
- Designing new business models for manufacturing companies
Conceptualizing innovation ecosystems to strengthen international competitiveness
- Introducing new open innovation for private sector companies
- Designing innovation ecosystems and government project schemes for Japan